Please accept our Terms & Conditions to proceed
Terms & Conditions
- For all intents and purposes the delivery driver shall be treated as an Independent Contractor and not as an employee of Delivery2u (the ‘Company’).
- The Independent Contractor hereby undertakes to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Use own vehicle & fuel for delivery purposes and keep this vehicle in a satisfactory and safe working condition with necessary insurance.
- Provide availability for work through the Company dashboard.
- Keep logged in to the company dashboard during assigned work hours.
- Receive delivery orders through company dashboard.
- Pick up orders from the designated store and deliver the order safely, securely and within the required time to the destination.
- Mark each order as ‘Picked Up’ & ‘Delivered’ in the dashboard as soon as the order has been picked up at the store and delivered at the destination, respectively.
- Call the customer upon arrival and ring the doorbell 3 times (unless instructed otherwise by the customer) and to make sure that the customer has received the order.
- Be available for communication with the Company during work hours and respond to Company queries in a timely manner.
- Pay all federal and provincial income taxes and other expenses or taxes arising due to payments made to the Independent Contractor by the Company.
- Comply with all laws, rules, and regulations of government or governing bodies applicable to the services the Independent Contractor will be providing.
- Indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors and employees from all claims, demands, loss, liability, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees, resulting from all claims, demands, actions and causes of action caused by the Independent Contractor’s negligent act and or error and or omission in the course of providing delivery services to the Company.
- The Independent Contractor shall be paid by the Company as follows:
- Payment shall be calculated on a per delivery basis and shall be based on several factors including but not limited to the distance travelled from the store to the delivery destination.
- The above payment shall include all services provided by the Independent Contractor to the Company, included but not limited to deliveries made, the use of Independent Contractor’s own vehicle as well as fuel and maintenance costs and or any other expenses associated with the performance of the delivery services.
- The Company shall pay the Contractor on a weekly basis via e-transfer.